Critical Hits are an aspect of the combat system which represent a particularly successful attempt at an action.
All weapons and most spells have a Critical Hit variation of their normal effect. This usually means doing higher damage. However, a wide variety of critical hit effects exist, so check the spell to be sure what it does.
Critical Failures are an aspect of the combat system which represent a particularly unsuccessful attempt at an action.
- The base Critical Hit value for all classes is 3.
- The base Critical Failure value for all classes is 0. Without increasing this, no Critical Failures will occur for a character.
Hit vs Failure编辑
If you manage a Critical Hit and a Critical Failure in the same action, then the Critical Failure takes precedence. The cost will be spent, but no further effect will take place.
A number of spells, and effects, can alter the chance of Critical Hits or Failure of a creature.
|Cra||File:Element NeutralSmall.png||Sharpshooting||Trade MP for +Critical Hit|
|Ecaflip||Template:I ewm||Meowtbreak||+Critical Failure to enemies, +Critical Hit to allies|
|File:Element NeutralSmall.png||Ecaflip's Tarot||+Critical Hit/+Critical Failure|
|File:Element NeutralSmall.png||Perception||+Critical Hit|
|File:Element NeutralSmall.png||Paws Off||+Critical Failure|
|File:Element NeutralSmall.png||Rabies||+Critical Hit per attack|
|Sacrier||File:Element NeutralSmall.png||Mark of Clumsiness||+Critical Failure|
|15||20||+1 Critical Hit|
- "Critical Hit" is often shortened to "Crit", "Critical", or "CH".
- The Critical Hit characteristic is also known as Ferocity.
- "Critical Failure" is often shortened to "CF".